Hey friends welcome to Michelle's Crafty Creations.
Today is Day 2 of Cooking With Cricut and Paper Crafting World's 2nd Blogaversary blog hop!
You should have come from Melin at Paper Crafting World. If you just happened upon my blog, please head back to Melin and start from there. You definitely do not want to miss her amazing work and all the information about the goodies you can win!
Remember, this is the kickoff to the week long celebration at CWC and PWC where you can enter for your chance to win some awesome goodies and get some free goodies daily!
In keeping with tradition, we are creating projects that would display cloth, crystal, and or glass.
I created a little something outside the box. My "cloth" was denim and other colored cotton fabric. (scraps from my sew pile). I got a head start on Father's Day and created something for my awesome husband and wonderful Dad to our 3 children!
Before I post a picture I must say this, I was TOTALLY out of my comfort zone. BUT I had SO much fun being free and not OCD!! LOL
Frayed the edges after I sewed them
Found this VERY fitting poem
Love my "pom pom" made from twine!
Finally used my wooden moose and tree
Brad on cloth?! Oh yeah!
Materials:
Cricut Cartridge: A Child's Year for the "D-A-D"; Create A Critter for the heart and "Love"
ALL fabric except pictures and poem.
Denim pieces were cut at 6"x5"
Scrap fabric from various sewing projects and randomly sewed onto "scrap book"
Hot glue gun for the wooden pieces and twine.
My thought when I first wanted to do this was, "Oh boy, I don't think I can just sew and let things unravel and fray"....but letting my hair down and giving it the "thrown" together look....I like it...very relaxing and FUN!
NOW don't forget CWC -PWC has some cartridges and other fantastic prizes YOU can WIN!! Make sure you leave a comment daily AND become a follower!!
*******BLOG CANDY*******
This is a little thank you for stopping by AND commenting!
You don't HAVE to be a follower, but I would LOVE it if you became one. :)
*US residents only (sorry to my lovely international friends)
See D's 24 piece It's About Time Stamp set (all images shown here)
(rubber stamps that cling to acrylic block)
Studio G "Washi" tape
Both images shown
I will announce the winner Friday, May 25. You have until Thursday, May 24, midnight; and I will pick a winner using a random number generator. (please leave an email address so I can get in touch with you)
Thank you SO much for stopping by.
Next stop is the talented Charlotte at A Little Bit Of Detail!
Linking to:
I Heart Nap Time's Sundae Scoop Link Party
Today's Creative Blog Get Your Craft On
Lil' Luna Link Party #80 + HUGE Giveaway
Hugs and Happy Crafting!























44 comments:
What a precious gift that your hubby will treasure forever, Michelle!! I think it is safe to say that you have conquered your fear of "Cricut cutting fabric." Great job!
This looks wonderful, Michelle! I know it will be loved!
Hugs,
Saundra
Fantastic, Michelle. It's just so totally awesome and looks like you really had fun creating such a special gift for hubby. You should let your hair down more often.
CWC Hugs,
Larelyn
Michelle, what a creative idea! I love it! You did a great job. I'm happy you were able to step outside your comfort zone!
Evelyn
That is such a fabulous and unique album! I love it!!
TRacy
I think you did an awesome job and its diffrent. I a scrapbook layout on cloth. Great Job & TFS AJ~
jeria22@yahoo.com
Michelle, this is GREAT! I haven't tried using fabric yet, think I may get some pointers from you soon and give it a try! What a creative project this is!!!
Kimmi
OMG!!! FABULOUS scrapbook!! I especially LOVE the "Tarheels" page
Silvia
sillyscrap at aol dot com
This came out amazing! Love the way you made all the personalized items and the TARHEEL ACCENTS were the best (considering I am Tarheel alumni myself!). Great job.
Olivia
ormcraftynights.blogspot.com
Hi Michelle, I think it's awesome what you did with the fabric photo! I'm going to have to try it myself!
Thanks for the chance to win your blog candy too
Carmen L
This is a great project!! Love the use of the fabric and it looks awesome.
This is super cool! I would have never thought of this!
Jessica (fellow DT member)
Thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com
Great job! I think it turned out fabulous! Very creative!
The pom pom is SO cute! Love your ideas!
What an awesome job. I am sure your husband will love and cherish it. Thanks for sharing.
What a touching gift!!! He will love this!
What a great idea! I usually think of cloth books for a baby but this one is so special who wouldn't want it? I've never seen this particular See D's set either...
Very lovely project.
this is such a great idea, he is sure to love it thanks for the inspiration
upnurse at aol dot com
Great gift and inspiration! What a neat way to use up those scraps.
Congrats on getting out of you comfort zone! Your project came out great!
nanettemt at yahoo dot com
Wonderful projects. Like minds think alike. I also used blue jean fabric for a Father's Day card for my hubby that I posted today 5/20.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Wow what a gret job and I'm sure your husband will appreciate all the work you put into this gift. TFS.
Wow, Fantastic gift for Dad...any dad or grandpa would love it! Nice to know you can mix the paper and fabric so beauitfully!
WTG using the fabric and photos! Thanks for the chance to win your blog candy.
I really like your sewn project. I've never made a book with fabric, but may just to have to give it a try. I have just recently been hearing about washi tape, so would love the chance to get some and play with it. Thanks!
What a great idea!! Awesome job!
kissmyjen at gmail.com
justcreativeme.blogspot.com
This is a Fabulous Project -- lots of great ideas to use!!
kastenc at sbcglobal dot net
Awesome little fabric album- what a special gift for Father's Day. rlovew1976 at yahoo.com
I would have to say, your hubby is going to love the personal touches and all the thought that went in to this project.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com
What a wonderful project. Love the poem. TFS
What an amazing project! Love it!
Here on the Blog Hop - Great Album idea...! Manly, yes, but I like it, too!! ;-}
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
Ldb1408 at aol.com
What a beautiful project you did, thanks for sharing. I am a new follower and thanks for the candy, I hope I win!!!!
alvinadiaz@msn.com
That is just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing it with us on Scrapping Everyday Miracles... I want to try this now!!!!
This turned out great Michelle! I love it!! Thanks for sharing :)
Wow!! Michelle you did an amazing job!!! I'm sure he will love it!!!
What a beautiful labor of love for your husband!!! You did amazing job!!!!!
marla@lagoski.com
What a great idea this is. I love it!!! thanks for sharing.
What a fantastic gift!!! Your husband will LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing!!
javajen1 at hotmail dot com
This is a keeper of an idea! TFS
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com
What an awesome project! I LOVE IT! You are so talented! Thank you so much for linking your project up to Jaihart! You're the best! SMiles, Jill
What a terrific Dad project! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.
I love your project! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Post a Comment