Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Birthday Bloghop!



Hello all and welcome to Michelle's Crafty Creations!

Welcome to Cooking with Cricut's and PapercraftingWorld.com's June blog hop.  Our designers have been working hard to bring you two days of some really great projects.  You should have arrived from the super sweet and talented Madison at Funky Cards.  If you just happened upon my blog, please head back to the beginning with Melin at Cooking With Cricut.  You DEFINITELY don't want to miss out on any blogs along the way!! :)

Not only is this a birthday themed hop, but it is also in honor of our DT coordinator, Jen Hudson, who just happens to have her birthday during our hop! ;)  Because Jen is a gator fan through and through, we decided to have our projects reflect anything Florida.  Gators, Beach, anything that reminds you of the "Sunshine State"!  <---How fun right?!
Jen is the last one on our blog line up so be sure to stop at her blog and leave some extra love!!

Okay, when I think of Florida I think of SUNSHINE and BEACHES!!  Oh yeah!  Who doesn't love sunshine especially at the beach?!  My card truly reflects what I think of when I envision myself on the beach. (wow! how many times can one person say beach!! LOL)

A beach shape card!! I LOVE the flip-flops!
(sorry all my local peeps...slippers!!)



I JUST love my sunshine and the face.  My sun will always be smiling!!

To make this card:

I used my Gypsy to size all the pieces and weld the sun and waves to the card.

Cricut cartridges: Everyday Paper Dolls for the waves, beach chair and umbrella; Create A Critter for the sun; Accent Essentials for the base.
Paper: DCWV (The sand was paper that was torn and inked)
Misc: Jollee Sticker for the beach ball and flip-flops (slippers); PKS Everyday Character Faces; White gelly roll pen for eyes and face detail; Inkadinkadoo Chalk for the cheeks; Ranger Distress Ink tea dye for the edges.

Now what is a hop without some blog candy?  

You don't have to be a follower, but I would SO appreciate it!  Just leave a comment below WITH a way to contact you!! (This is to US residents only ;))

Cuttlebug Swiss Dots 

Studio g Washi Tape


Don't forget to head over to CWC and leave a comment for your chance to win some great blog candy!

NOW head on over to my very talented friend Jill at Jaihart!

Hugs and Happy Crafting!!


I am linking this up to:

Peachy Keen Challenge #23 Anything Goes


25 comments:

Melinda Beltran said...

Oh my gf! I can just hear the seagulls and feel the squish of the sand in my toes! What a fantasically sunny card! Thank you so much for being a part of the CWC-PCW family!
-Melin

Jen said...

So cute!!! I love this smiling little sun! Thanks so much, Michelle!

Larelyn said...

Oh this is just too fun. It is the perfect beach card. The flip flops (we called them zorries when I was a kid) are adorable. Great job my friend.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I love how the front of the card is lower to reveal the sun inside! How clever!! What a great card. Thanks for the inspiration!
Evelyn

Madison said...

Fabulous job Michelle!! Good thing I live by the beach because you made me want to go there!! Awesome card and job on the blog hop:) TFS.
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Super great card Michelle. I just wish I was sitting in that chair on a Florida beach right now. And that sun is shining with the cutest little face!
Charlotte

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This card is Fantastic. You did a Fabulous Job on it with the beach scene and all I'm a Florida native too and you nailed this card. Smooches... Felicia

Karon said...

What a fabulous card. Great blog hop:-) TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

So ADORABLE, I just LOVE this card.
TFS & a chance to win some candy
Tracy-JGsPumpkin@peoplepc.com

Rhonda Emery said...

this card is too fun and cute love it hugs

silvia said...

Great card!! LOVE the sun!!!

Robin said...

This is such a cute card. Up in OH these are flip-flops too. These images are just adorable. Thanks for adding blog candy too. Here is my email: rcraddock(at)yahoo.com Hugs, Robin

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love all the cuts you used. Such a cute card. Love the smiley sun face and wish I could step into your card.

Moments by Marla said...

What an amazingly fun card you have made!!!!! Love it!!! Hope I am lucky enough to win some candy.

Cricut Critter said...

You are right that is a great sun! Love it!

marg0006 said...

Oh, love all the ccute cuts, especially the waves. Am already a follower.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Silverbutterfly said...

Love the beach, in our younger days, we spent a lot of time there.
Your card is so cute, thanks TFS.

Silverbutterfly

Tiggerscraps said...

LOVE this!! What a cute cute idea!!
marjifranklin@gmail.com
fellow dt for PCW

Nikki Foraker said...

LOVE this sweet card...I really love how it opens!! CUTE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

Nikki

Jill said...

Omg, I too LOVE the sunshine and face you made! Super cute! Way to go Michelle! Thank you so much for linking your card up to Jaihart! Smiles, Jill

lilred said...

love your beach shaped card.

Kris Dietz said...

Fantastic card -- love all the details. TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Becky Litz said...

Everything about this card is super fun and summery (is that a word? LOL) looks great!

Michelle said...

this is such a cute card !!! love that it opens and the sun is still on it, love the look of the sand too !!! awesome ! and congrats !! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen this week !!

Michelle -DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Melissa said...

Nice beach scene. Love the slippers ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...