Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A "Note" of Thanks..

Hey all my crafty friends!  Welcome to Michelle's Crafty Creations!

Over at Cooking With Cricut we are celebrating "National Card and Letter Writing" during the month of April.  In this day of texting and Face book, card and letter writing is really a lost art.  It is so easy and quick to send a quick text or e-card that basic sentiment seems like a lost art.   I LOVE making cards.  I don't make them JUST to enter a challenge.  Mine always have a purpose with someone intended for the card.  It gives meaning behind it to me.  It is personal.  For this card I made today it is personal.

I have SUCH a sweet friend who goes to my church.  I say friend, she is actually old enough to be my grandma.  She is ALWAYS caring and SO thoughtful.  Not to just me, but to everyone.  My husband was coughing one day in church and that evening she brought some natural cough drops for him! LOL  She is always bringing me coupon inserts {insert coupon addict for me here}, gift cards just because, over stocked items she has purchased from coupons, snacks for my kids....you get the picture!  I LOVE her.  Not because she does this for me, but because it shows her care and servant's spirit.  I admire her.  I hope to leave a legacy like hers.  So this is for her!

I LOVE the simplicity!  
I was actually going to write on the front of this card, but decided against it.  

To make this card: 

Cart~ Gypsy Wanderings for the flourish and Sentiment
Paper~ My Minds Eye Academy (LOVE the paper)
Misc. ~ SU hemp, button and bling from my stash,  Ranger Distress Ink Tea Dye around the sentiment. and Colorbox's Chestnut ink around the edge of the card.

Now it's your turn!!  

 Link up your project to the Cooking With Cricut challenge post.  There are some guidelines.

1.  Must follow the challenge topic.
2.  Must be a new project for this challenge
3.  No back dated posts please
4.  Must have a link back to this post on your blog
5.  Must link your project post through Inlinkz and not just your blog
6.  Must use your Cricut in some capacity
7.  Gotta HAVE FUN!!!
8.  You may combine challenges...we like to!


I am linking this card up to:


  
Hugs and Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Michelle, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you placed the "Thanks!" also, the twine looks GREAT! Thanks for linking up to Jaihart, where it is always anything goes:) SMiles, Jill

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your card is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the story behind the card! That is so special!! What a precious friend you have! :-) I am a new follower and I noticed that you homeschool! I do too!! Awesome!

Jen said...

Beautiful card made with love! Your dear friend will love it, Michelle!

~ Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...