Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Warm Holiday WIshes

Hey all my crafty friends!!  Welcome to Michelle's Crafty Creations.

Over at Cooking with Cricut the design team was challenged to come up with the weekly themes for our challenges.  This week's challenge, Winter Warmth, is brought to you by Heather and Linda.  We were to challenged to make something "warm" ie scarves, mittens, fireplace, cocoa, etc.

For this challenge I made something simple.....hot cocoa!!  Seriously, who doesn't like hot cocoa after coming in from making a snowman or having a snowball fight??!!  Such fond childhood memories that I have, and now I want to pass on to my kids!  Which we do all the time....when it snows! lol

I used foam dots to make the coffee cup "pop" from the saucer

I would have LOVED to have gotten better lighting for this, BUT trying to take it without natural light stinks... ;)


Yup, I made a shape card!  I LOOOOVE them!!  Of course, I used my gypsy.  

To make this I used:

Cart ~ Winter Frolic (I hid the snowflake cut and only used the shadow and 2 layers)
Paper ~ DCWV winter stack
Misc ~ Divine Swirls for cream and cocoa layer; Glossy Accent for cocoa; Sentiment from stamp set I got at craft store; Colorbox Chestnut chalk ink around tea pot and for sentiment.

Now it's your turn!!  create a project with anything with winter warmies.  Link up your project to the Cooking With Cricut challenge post.  There are some guidelines.

1.  Must follow the challenge topic.
2.  Must be a new project for this challenge
3.  No back dated posts please
4.  Must have a link back to this post on your blog
5.  Must link your project post through Inlinkz and not just your blog
6.  Must use your Cricut in some capacity
7.  Gotta HAVE FUN!!!
8.  You may combine challenges...we like to!

I am linking this up over at Jill's Linky party. Click the link below!


http://jaihartjustlovelydesigns.blogspot.com



Happy Crafting!!!

8 comments:

Heather May Holbrook said...

Hi Michelle! I simply love this card- so fun! I love how you did the glossy accents on the cocoa- it look so realistic! Thanks for participating in our challenge! :)
Heather P

Jill said...

Michelle, I love the glossy accents...it seriously looks like real cocoa! I hope you're going to link this up to my party! Hope you're having a great day! Smiles, Jill

Charlotte said...

Michelle,
This is s wonderful shape card. The paper for the cup is so pretty and the gloss accents is the perfect touch for the hot cocoa. Just GREAT%!!!
Charlotte

Jen said...

This looks good enough to sip, Michelle! The glossy accents is the perfect accent for this card.

~ Jen

Judy said...

Awesome shape card. It really look like it has chocolate on top of the cup.

JustYolie said...

Oh so pretty!! It really looks "yummy"! :)

kramer_buffy said...

I love shape cards and this one is no exceptions... it's so cute! love how the steam is on the inside.
-- dalis

Jill said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments you've left for me! Also, thank for linking your project up! SMiles, Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...