Monday, March 26, 2012

Girly Sweet 16 album

Hello my bloggy friends and welcome to Michelle's Crafty Creations.

Today I wanted to show you an album I made for my niece's upcoming 16th birthday.  She told me she liked certain colors and I tried to implement them all. (You will see a post later this week with her decorations)  For this, I wanted to create something more personal so she could capture her special day.  She will be celebrating a little later than her birthday so her dad who is deployed will be there.  A special day it will be in deed.


I used the Sweet Treats and Create a Critter Cricut cartridge for this album.  All of this was created on my Gypsy.  (This album was made from empty Freschetta Pizza boxes double layered)

Close up of the front.  The flower was curled and had skittles added to it.  "Sweet" was inked with Ranger Distress: Tea Dye.

 
(backside of front cover)

Photo mat or journaling.  Whichever she chooses along with a hidden tag.  Stampin Up mini library clip with some twine from The Twinery to grasp the tag.  Brown buttons to give it a finishing touch.

 
Card feature from Sweet treats to add a photo matt and possible journaling.  Twine from The Twinery and button to add some fun to the number one.
Back side of first page.

 
Last Page.
Journal tags with hidden photo matts.


I used My Big Bite Crop-A-Dile to punch holes and added binder rings to complete it.  Added some ribbon from my stash for decorations.  All paper was used from DCWV The Garden Party stack.

I think she will LOVE this.  I know I do!


I am entering this into Jinger Adams DT call over at The Scrapbooking Queen.  




I am linking this to the following parties:
I {heart} Nap Time  Sunday Scoop 



Hugs and Happy Crafting!

10 comments:

Lisa B said...

Love the mini book! The paper colors and patterns go together very nicely. Good luck on the design team call!

Migdalia said...

WoW!Amazing!!!Love the colors that you used and all details.

http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Jill said...

GORGEOUS, Michelle! I love all the detail! Thanks for linking up and best wishes with the DT call! This project is a winner! Smiles, Jill

Heather May Holbrook said...

This is awesome Michelle! What a sweet gift for your niece- and how lovely that her dad will be there to celebrate with her :)
Heather :)

Heather May Holbrook said...

This is awesome, Michelle! What a sweet gift for your niece and how lovely that her dad will be there to celebrate with her :)
Hugs!
Heather

kimmiluxich said...

What an adorable album! I love the colors you have chosen and the little slide out accent. I'm sure your niece will love this gift!
Hugs!
Kimmi

Dee Burns said...

An amazing Mini Album...she's sure to love it.
Please tell your niece and her DAD I THANK HIM FOR HIS SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY. Thanks to his family as well for supporting him.
Wishing you all the best on the DT call.
Have a great week!
Dee B

LisaB said...

Great mini! She will love it! Love the colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Thank you for submitting for the
Jinger Adams Design Team Call
The Scrapbooking Queen
Design Team Leader &
Social Media Coordinator
www.thescrapbookingqueen.com

Scrappy Beads said...

Your project is fabulous… *Ü*
Wishing you a beautifully blessed weekend,
**Lots of BIG Hugs**
Deborah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...