Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Birthday...wallet card

Hello bloggy friends!

Today is a simple card I made for our church's Pastor.  We had a huge card the church presented him, but had some gifts for him that would not seem right in that ginormous card!!  So I made a wallet card which seemed appropriate for the gifts!  Super easy and fun!

I made one a LONG time ago and I couldn't find the video for the idea...well I FOUND it!! It is by Danie Graves (I LOVE her stuff) and here is where you can find her video Tutorial.  I made a few size adjustments that I will note. NO CRICUT or gypsy!!!  I know....SHOCKING!!

LOVE this "guy" gift

There was some cash, but I removed it for the picture.

"Back" view of the wallet


My Measurements: 
Background with rounded corners: 9 x 4
Inside back piece: 8 1/2x 3 3/4
2 strips: 4 3/16 x 2 1/2
2 strips: 4 3/16 x 1 1/2

To make this I used:
Paper: DCWV Mariposa solids
Stamp: Sentiment pieced together from clear stamp set in my stash
Ink: SU chocolate chip (rubbed all over and heavy on the edges)
Tools: SU paper piercer; Tim Holtz distress hammer for worn look
Misc: black pen to connect the "holes" to give a faux stitch look

This was so fun.  

I am linking this to Jill's Linky Party Sundays are Lovely #7

Happy Crafting!  




3 comments:

Jill said...

Simply adorable Michelle! I LOVE this idea! Perfect for a guy! I'm sure your Pastor loved it! You're so sweet! Thanks for linking up to Jaihart as well! You're the best! I haven't talked to you in a while! I hope everything is going well! I hope you're having a super fun day! Smiles, Jill

Tiggerscraps said...

What a cute idea! It looks just like leather!
fellow dt sis

kimmiluxich said...

Michelle, this is so cute. What a great idea to give to a teen-age boy who has just received their driver's permit or license. I think I may borrow your idea and make one for my son who just got his permit on Friday. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...