Monday, August 20, 2012

A cake not meant to be eaten...

Hellooooo all my crafty friends!  Is anyone still there?  
I have been around...just BUSY! 


Now that school has officially begun, I can start adding some projects.  Just because I have been working and getting ready for school, doesn't mean I have been all work and no play!! LOL (though it does seem it's been mostly work)

Two Saturdays ago, we had a baby shower for a first time mom at our church.  She is SUCH a sweet lady.  She found out she was having a girl...EEK!  SO fun!  Anyway, I decided to be creative with ehr gift.  I LOVE making these and I hadn't made in awhile.


Yup..a diaper cake!  (I think I went overboard on the baby gifts to "ice" (stuff) the cake!


This is the front view, just a little closer.



The back view.  I know...the purple hat?! Yeah, that was one of the first things I picked out, and forgot it was in the bag...had to give it to her! ;)

This cake took approximately one package of Pampers size 1 diapers.  I rolled three layers and secured it with safety pins.  I found this cute girl ribbon that matched the whole brown and pink theme.  I secured those with ribbons as well.

For those inquiring minds, the diapers still work without leaks...I LOVE practical gifts, don't you? 

Hugs and happy crafting!

Linking this to:

I heart naptime Sundae Scoop #42 
Today's Creative Blog Get Your Craft On 

1 comments:

Jill said...

This is so sweet Michelle! I bet she absolutely LOVED it! You are the sweetest! Smiles, Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...