Friday, July 27, 2012

A 4th of July post...a lil delayed



Hello all my bloggy friends!  

Can you believe I forgot to post my final 4th of July decorations...a grand finale if you will?!

Wow...this post won't be too long, but there will be a bit of pictures to follow!
These pictures will be my party decorations.  We had a FABULOUS 4th of July party.  Thanks to Pinterest and some of my blog hopping (LOVE reading and stalking your blogs)


Here is the goodie table!  In the back are the pop rocks for the kids...er..young at heart too.
I bundled some sparklers and added ribbon.  For the others added some sand into jars (a great place to put used upside down sparklers in after the fun) and added some patriotic fabric.  The red white and blue candles were bought from Joanns and my friend had those cute star votives..SWEET!


Died rice (maybe needed some more blue :)) with ribbon and a citronella candle placed along the center of the tables.


Tissue pom poms I made. You get a different effect on how you cut the edges BEFORE you fluff them.  For this one I cut the edges in a "V" with point out.


Same "V" shape but the point in.
They look like starbursts huh?


This one was cut by rounding the edges.  I also layered this on red white and blue.  It was a little more time consuming, but I really like the effect!

You can find the tissue paper pom pom tutorial HERE.  The tutorial is VERY basic, but use your imagination and the end results are surprising!! :)

I hope this has inspired you a little.  
I love going to Pinterest for ideas and adding my own flair to things I make.  
Do you seek out Pinterest for ideas or some other site?


Hugs and Happy Crafting!!

I am linking this to:










0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...