It has been a while since I posted anything. With Thanksgiving and the crazy shopping and Christmas decorating...sheesh....I finally had time to escape to my craft room and create this cute Christmas card.
Over at Cooking with Cricut we were challenged to make a project with wreaths, pine cones, or candles. This is to celebrate the start of Advent on Sunday, November 27th. Advent is usually associated with Catholics. We are Baptist and we take time each day to recall the true meaning of Christmas. As Christians, this should be a daily thing. We strive to do that. However, during Christmas one can get caught up in the hoopla of busyness and forget the true meaning of Christmas. If it were not for our Saviour, Jesus Christ, being born none of us would have the opportunity to go to Heaven. His birth is just as miraculous as His death. Jesus is the REAL reason for the season. We want our kids to know this and hold onto this. We want them to pass this on to their children as well. I hope you all are able to stop and reflect on what we are celebrating and why.
I LOVE candles, so I wanted to make a candle card. I enjoyed making this and am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Edges were inked with Ranger distress ink
some stickled stars
glossy accent for "wax"
To make this card:
Cart: Christmas (that's what it says on my Gypsy) Gypsy to size the layers, and weld the shadow feature.
Paper: Colorbok and My Mind's Eye Christmas stack
Ink: Ranger distress ink tea dye and fired brick. Tea dye was used around the candle and holder, and the stamped paper. Fired brick was used around the card and for the sentiment.
Misc: Glossy accent for the "wax" look; diamond stickles for the stars around the sentiment; sentiment and ribbon from my stash; foam dots to give the candle dimension.
Now it's your turn!! create a project with wreaths, pine cones, or candles. Link up your project to the Cooking With Cricut challenge post. There are some guidelines.
1. Must follow the challenge topic.
2. Must be a new project for this challenge
3. No back dated posts please
4. Must have a link back to this post on your blog
5. Must link your project post through Inlinkz and not just your blog
6. Must use your Cricut in some capacity
7. Gotta HAVE FUN!!!
8. You may combine challenges...we like to!
Happy Crafting!!!
I am also entering this in the Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge and FCCB Challenge me Monday #88 Holiday Cards.




















9 comments:
Beautiful card! I just love the way you added the gloss to the candle, it makes it look so real!
Very pretty card. I love that candle...those gloss accents look just like the wax is running. Great touch.
Be Blessed, Beckie
Love the wax accent. Beautiful card =)
Great card Michelle! Love that VERY realistic 'wax'! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! xxx
I especially like the candle wax you created using the glossy accents. Would like to know the size you cut the candle image at & what embossing folder you used?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
Great card! LOVE that wax! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps!
Nikki
Oh my! I love how this came out and how you made the wax looks soooo real! Defintely an eye catcher! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps.
lovely card, I have that stamp set, isn't it gorgeous....love your candle and the glossy accents for the dripping wax is a fab idea :)
Perfect use of the glossy accents! Your card is very nice! Thanks for joining the PK challenge. Good luck!
Post a Comment